Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
5 Replies
Reliable Contributor Daveb3d
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Snatch Ransomware

What type of information are you looking for? 

tekpro
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

I have this query too, basically how can we prepare a defense against Snatch Ransomeware so that we dont fall prey to this exploit?

Please check the post and let us know if it helped or you need any further information 🙂

My apologies for the slow response. We are basically interested in what type of response, if any, McAfee threat prevention has for this. When I searched for any info on it, zero results.

Hi,

While we can leverage the Access Protection of VSE and ENS AV products, to have almost near to total control of the issue even without the detection, it would require some configuration to be in place, as we have identified the type of files the ransomware drops, it would be easy to follow the steps from the KB below which will give you some guidelines.

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/threat-center/threat-landscape-dashboard/ransomware-details....

The ransomware uses AES encryption and appends one of many extensions to infected files including .snatch, .fileslack, .jupstb, .cekisan, .wvtr0, and others.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89805

Was my reply helpful?
If you find the content of this post useful, please give it a Kudos!
Please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!
Happy to Help with Gratitude -
d33p4k5

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community