Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FMG87
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Setup for Azure file sync

Hi all,

Is anyone using Azure File Sync?  According to Microsoft, AV products should filter out (exclude) file system objects that contain the "FILE_ATTRIBUTE_RECALL_ON_DATA_ACCESS" attribute (refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-sync-files-planning#antivirus).

I read somewhere that McAfee ENS is compatible with AFS, however I can't find anything on how you setup this exclusion.  I am using ePO 5.10 and Engine version 6100.8979.8979

Is anyone using AFS, ENS, and ePO?  How did you set it up to prevent the recall of AZ stored files?

Thanks,

Mike

3 Replies
ryadav1
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setup for Azure file sync

Hi , 

Please find the article below for excluding the files and folder for ENS via ePO :

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/endpoint-security-10.5.0-threat-prevention-product-guide-unmanaged-ma...

Thank you ,

McAfee Support .

BSharma
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

@FMG87 

Thank you for contacting McAfee Community, refer following steps to add exclusions through McAfee EPO and Let us know if that answers your query. 

To configure the above exclusions using ePO:

1. Log on to the ePO console.
  2. Click System Tree.
  3. Select a system where you need to modify the policy.
  4. Click Actions and select Agent, Modify Policies on a Single System.
  5. Select Endpoint Security Threat Prevention from the Product drop-down list.
  6. Select the On-Access Scan policy.
  7. Click Show Advanced.
  8. Navigate to the Process Settings section, Exclusions list.
  9. Click Add.
FMG87
Level 7
Message 4 of 4

Thank you Ryadav1 and BSharma for your replies.

Following your helpful post, did find how to exclude AV scanning based on directory (of folder) location, but that isn't what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to filter AV scans based on file attributes?  That is what MS is recommending.  If not using ePO then maybe something I can set on the scanning agent manually (outside of ePO)?

Any thought are appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community