Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Server Crash after ENS installation.

Jump to solution

Dear All,

I have the issue started this morning after installing ENS 10.6.1 on one of my servers, the server crashed and the problem is mentioned in KB90301.

We have a BSOD a couple of days after ENS installation.  The driver in the crash report is same as the one that mentioned in the KB90301, but the KB said the problem is fixed in 10.5/10.6 and the problem driver should be replaced automatically during the installation

Any solutions please

Venu
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Server Crash after ENS installation.

Jump to solution

@vnaidu I would suggest collecting a full memory dump and an MER from the server and submitting it to Technical Support so a full analysis can be made. Many dumps look similar but have a different root cause. Technical Support will be able to engage engineering if needed.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@vnaidu We'll still need to review the full dump in order to provide effective insight as that snippet isn't enough to determine the full cause. I would advise standing by for the response via your SR.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

@vnaidu I would suggest collecting a full memory dump and an MER from the server and submitting it to Technical Support so a full analysis can be made. Many dumps look similar but have a different root cause. Technical Support will be able to engage engineering if needed.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

@chealey 

Thank you for the reply. We already have created a ticket with McAfee and my colleague is working on that part. However, I could see the below in the dump which actually given a thought of posting here.

Arg3: fffff8800762c842, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address

Arg4: 0000000000000005
----------------------
READ_ADDRESS: fffffa8270ea854e

FAULTING_IP:
mfeepmk+11482
fffff880 0762c482 66833c4a2a   cmp word ptr [rdx+rcx*2], 2Ah

MM_INTERNAL_CODE:  5

IMAGE_NAME: mfeepmpk.sys

DEBUT_FIL_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP:   5b8cea1a

MODULE_NAME: mfeepmpk

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8800761b000 mfeepmpk

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK STR: 0x50

Venu
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

@vnaidu We'll still need to review the full dump in order to provide effective insight as that snippet isn't enough to determine the full cause. I would advise standing by for the response via your SR.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community