cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Protection - protect McAfee processes - ma_crypto.dll - Event ID:34865

Hi, 

What does this error mean? What should we do for control and solution?

Thanks,

2022-01-19_09h21_53.png

6 Replies
aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: Self Protection - protect McAfee processes - ma_crypto.dll - Event ID:34865

it looks like one of our own dlls is been detected, normally any injectors should be dealt with the article below by running Mcafee sysprep and resetting the VTP cache

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88085

Could you please try that on that machine? 

Regards

Alejandro

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

cdinet
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

Also, is that an ens event?  There is self protection on the agent and also self protection on ens.  The agent doesn't send those type of events with injection, so I will move this over to ens team.  The KB given, however, should help to resolve it.  Typically running mcafee sysprep should help.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi Alejandro,

I tried the MfeSysPrep.exe application in the document you shared first on my test computer to make sure I applied it correctly. I received the report, but then I could not send packets to this computer via Mcafee EPO.

I did as described in this document. https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89860

I can uninstall an application from the test computer (FRP for example) but I cannot install an application. When I delete the computer via EPO and add it again, the result is the same.

Did I do the operation wrong?

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

id the Mcafeesysprep identify any injectors or was it unable to trust them? there is a log created when running the tool

I share the log created after the installation about SysPrep. I also forward the log that occurred during the FRP installation. (FRP cannot be installed)

I installed this version
2022-01-21_14h56_30.png

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

see, could you please open a Service request with teh FRP team and show them this log please:

01/20/22 9:38:44 [E] [0x4198] Unable to grant trust to module [C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders\MfeFfAutomation.dll]

That module is causing a problem and cant be trusted by the tool 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community