cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Selectively disable Threat Prevention ScriptScan

Jump to solution
Hi, Want to seek for some advises on this. We have few of computers have slow performance on IE which suspecting may due to DLP and ScriptScan plugin installed. Would like to clarify below : 1. How can I disable ScriptScan individually without modify global policy so wouldn't affect all endpoint setting 2. Any option that can disable ScriptScan function for a certain time of period of performance monitoring ? Or something like disable until next reboot option Thanks.
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Selectively disable Threat Prevention ScriptScan

Jump to solution

Hi Ting_Chung,

You can disable Scriptscan via ENs policy to individual machine. Select the target from system tree-->actions-->agent-->edit policy on a single system-->select "edit assignment" under ENS policy-->break inheritance-->create a new policy-->make the necessary changes-->save.

Send a wakeup call with "force install policy".

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Ting_Chung 

Just adding my 2 cents to the above, to answer your second question, I am afraid we do not have time based policy assignment.

Also, you can disable Script Scan locally form the client interface if it is not locked. It can be found under Settings --> Threat Prevention --> Uncheck Enable Script Scan and now please click on Apply.

Since these settings are locally changed against the policy, it will revert pack once policy gets enforced as per Policy enforcement interval as referred from below:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-product-guide/page/GUID-B19AE7B0-3BAB-416...

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
5 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Ting_Chung,

You can disable Scriptscan via ENs policy to individual machine. Select the target from system tree-->actions-->agent-->edit policy on a single system-->select "edit assignment" under ENS policy-->break inheritance-->create a new policy-->make the necessary changes-->save.

Send a wakeup call with "force install policy".

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

Thanks ! This meet my requirement ! Recall that I did the same before but just somehow lost my memory where to apply this configuration.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Ting_Chung 

Just adding my 2 cents to the above, to answer your second question, I am afraid we do not have time based policy assignment.

Also, you can disable Script Scan locally form the client interface if it is not locked. It can be found under Settings --> Threat Prevention --> Uncheck Enable Script Scan and now please click on Apply.

Since these settings are locally changed against the policy, it will revert pack once policy gets enforced as per Policy enforcement interval as referred from below:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/epolicy-orchestrator-5.10.0-product-guide/page/GUID-B19AE7B0-3BAB-416...

I sincerely hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

This meet my expectation somehow and so I can disable the ScriptScan for certain period of time for testing and monitoring until the next interval for policy check. Thanks !

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Ting_Chung 

Thank you for your kind response. Kudos to you for marking the resolution and helping other community members with similar question! Very glad to be of assistance.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community