cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner service high cpu usage

I have seen this topic a few times, but I need to ask a somewhat unique version of the question. I am using an ePO 10.7 TP/ATP, Agent 5.7.2.162, Windows 10 education. We run our McAfee scans on Tuesdays. We are in a split environment, and are onsite or remote through a VPN. Some of the remote systems get frozen due to high cpu usage. I believe that I read somewhere that the smart feature can't tell when other resources are being idle or used when remotely accessed to the epo through a VPN. Is this correct? Is there a setting that I can set to minimize this at all? We already have the resource usage set to low for scanning? Any recommendations would be helpful. 

2 Replies
yaz
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Scanner service high cpu usage

HI @User68214094 

Thank you for reaching out McAfee Community. 

I believe McShield.exe is causing issues and this means an ODS or OAS Scan is in progress. 

Please refer to the KB below and see if this helps. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88205

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, Please give me a Kudo. If I have answered your query, kindly mark this as solution and this helps other community members

Re: Scanner service high cpu usage

I went through and double checked my settings and found a couple set to normal usage and not low. Hopefully that corrected the issue.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community