Highlighted
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Require McAfee Endpoint Removal Tool

Jump to solution

Hi Guys,

Is anyone able to provide me with the McAfee Endpoint Removal Tool, we have an AD server that's stuck in a bootloop and the internal support team who have access to Administer Mcafee through the EPO aren't assisting with the issue. It seems like a bad install of Mcafee is the cause of the bootloop and we can only boot into safemode, the Mcafee agent has been manually removed by following this KB - https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb65863 but can't re-install the agent and we ...

This is a major problem and we may be looking at rebuilding the AD server if we can't remove Mcafee.

Thanks for any help

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Require McAfee Endpoint Removal Tool

Jump to solution

You'll need to contact McAfee Enterprise support directly for this. they will send you a copy of the removal tool.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

@Former Member

The McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool is available to anyone with an active Grant. 

To download the Endpoint Product Removal tool via Product Downloads:

1. Navigate to https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html 
  2. Log in with your Grant Number and email address, and then fill out the Captcha.
  3. Search and select "Endpoint Product Removal" or select "utilities and connectors" as a filter. 
  4. Locate "Endpoint Product Removal tool" and download.

If you experience issues with this, you can give us a call, and an available support agent would be happy to email you a link to the download via an open Service Request.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please either give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

8 Replies

Jump to solution

You'll need to contact McAfee Enterprise support directly for this. they will send you a copy of the removal tool.

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

@Former Member

The McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool is available to anyone with an active Grant. 

To download the Endpoint Product Removal tool via Product Downloads:

1. Navigate to https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/downloads/my-products.html 
  2. Log in with your Grant Number and email address, and then fill out the Captcha.
  3. Search and select "Endpoint Product Removal" or select "utilities and connectors" as a filter. 
  4. Locate "Endpoint Product Removal tool" and download.

If you experience issues with this, you can give us a call, and an available support agent would be happy to email you a link to the download via an open Service Request.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please either give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution
Thanks for the explanation unfortunately due to the way that the business manages Mcafee my support team that I work in doesn't have that information available to us, I will raise a case with the team who manage Mcafee and have the active Grant information asking them to provide the tool.

Cheers

Jump to solution

I can provide McAfeeEndpointRemoval V.2.0.0.70, but i can't pubic the download link still you can mail me shubham.17[at]hotmail.com

Together is Power!

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please either give kudos or select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, as appropriate, so i can help other members?

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

Please note there is a new EPR build available for use (Endpoint Product Removal Tool 2.2.0.22).  The 2.0.0.70 build is outdated now.

Jump to solution

its ok!

Jump to solution

Is this new version of the removal tool avialable without contacting support?  I have a grant number, but unable to find where to download the product?

TIA

Jump to solution
The McAfee Endpoint Product Removal tool is available to anyone with a valid McAfee Service Portal login associated with an active Grant. After contacting Support, you'll be given a link which will allow you to download it from the service portal at support.mcafee.com via "Downloads" >> "Patches" >> "Endpoint Product Removal Tool".

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.