Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Report On-Demand Scan Time in ENS

Jump to solution

See my question around same for VSE. I had to build a custom solution for this but it appears that perhaps ENS tracks the length of scan times and reports to ePO. Is this possible with ENS and ePO? I see the following query seems to return this data but not sure whats [AM_CustomProps].[ODSFullAverageScanDuration] refers to or how it's configured:

• select top 200 count(*) as 'count', [AM_CustomProps].[ODSFullAverageScanDuration], [AM_CustomProps].[ODSFullAverageScanDuration] from [AM_CustomProps] where ( [AM_CustomProps].[ODSLastFullScanDate] >= '2020-06-04T15:22:10.441' ) group by [AM_CustomProps].[ODSFullAverageScanDuration] order by [AM_CustomProps].[ODSFullAverageScanDuration] asc

I also see this question and McAfee indicated it was accepted so wondering if it made it to production? 

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: Report On-Demand Scan Time in ENS

Jump to solution

Hi @shocko 

Custom ODS tasks still don't generate events so can't be reported on. Only policy-based tasks can be reported on at this time, I'm afraid.

ENS also doesn't report the length of time the scan took to ePO as an event. But the property you have found is indeed reported from the clients. It is however just a property and you can only see the duration of the last scan. Btw there is a standard dashboard for length of scans - it's called: Endpoint Security: Scan Duration

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, that's correct.

You can raise a feature request by following this link: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @shocko 

Custom ODS tasks still don't generate events so can't be reported on. Only policy-based tasks can be reported on at this time, I'm afraid.

ENS also doesn't report the length of time the scan took to ePO as an event. But the property you have found is indeed reported from the clients. It is however just a property and you can only see the duration of the last scan. Btw there is a standard dashboard for length of scans - it's called: Endpoint Security: Scan Duration

Was my reply helpful?

Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply here. So is the following  an accurate statement:

1. Each time the ODS scan completes it updates a local property on the ENS agent
  2. This property is reported back to ePO
  3. ePO can only report on the last value of this property, it's not stored historically

If this is accurate is there anywhere I can make a feature request for this?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Yes, that's correct.

You can raise a feature request by following this link: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Business-Ideas/idb-p/business-ideas

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I will build out something in SQL to pull out these events every day and build up a historical view of these values. 

Just for posterity, my last reply is actually a new capability in ENS but it has limitations. ENS stores the latest value of the ODS scan duration in a custom property and reports back to ePO:

• It only stores the last value sent from the client. No historical data
  • It's a summary value and not exact e.g. > 1 hr rather than 43.23 mins 

See here.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community