Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markgarza
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Quick question about exclusions

Just wanted to ask, are these exclusions effectively the same or no?

D:\SMSPKG\ | Exclude Subfolders: Yes | read/write

D:\SMSPKG\* | Exclude Subfolders: Yes | read/write

Going over our OAS exclusions for SCCM policy, see that some are formatted the first way and some are the second. I would usually do the first when I do it but I didn't put these in. Are these effectively the same?

I also noticed that when I went to edit D:\SMSPKG\* even though it says exclude subfolders on the screen before, the checkbox is not checked and I don't have the option to until I remove the *. 

3 Replies
mbuehler
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Quick question about exclusions

Hi @markgarza 

Yes, they are essentially the same thing.

The reason why you can't select exclude subfolders with the format where the wildcard character is at the end, is that "Exclude Subfolders" is only valid when a forward slash after a folder name is the ending character of the exclusion path.

Thank you,
Mitchell Buehler

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
markgarza
Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! But how does the asterisk exclusion exclude subfolders if there isn't a forward slash as ending character? And it isn't using the ** wildcard?

These policies were imported from EPO 5.9 into our new EPO 5.10 server, not sure if that makes a difference.
AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Hi @markgarza,

There is a possibility that these were migrated from VSE or a part of a issue with previous version of extension. Can you go back to the old ePO and verify that the exclusions existed in the same format?

This can be investigated further by support if we can still work on the old server.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community