cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Product Update task

Jump to solution

I'm in VERY early stages of migrating to ENS (as in, my computer is the only one running it) and have much to learn regarding best practices still, but in the very least I want to be sure I'm running what is appropriate as a product update task so that I'm getting updated.

I used to have a single update task, and working with support several months ago, the tech suggesting splitting daily dat updates into its own task separate from all packages.  I'm assuming there are different lines of thinking about this, but that's how I had it currently set up.

So my first question is, should I just add categories to my existing daily dat update task for the categories for ENS, or should I keep the tasks separate?  

Also, on a "daily update" task, what does need to be checked, pertaining to ENS?  I'm not entirly clear, but my understanding thus far is that the AMCore content may be a replacement of the dat files but I could be wrong.

In any case, just looking for the recommended daily product task.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Product Update task

Jump to solution

Hi, 

You could have one update task at "My Organization" level, including updates for VSE and ENS. 

This would roll down to all clients/groups regardless of product. 

Or you can have a task assigned to a group or groups as you wish.. Both are update tasks:

"Client Task Catalog : Edit Task - McAfee Agent: Product Update"

Essentially, yes Endpoint Security Exploit Prevention Content and AMCore Content Package are for ENS and are subject to daily update.

Yes, you can specify updates on one task and product updates on the other if you wish, but this will only push updates that you already checked into ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
4 Replies
McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

HI, 

There is no one way to do this, but where you have an update task for VSE for example, there is nothing preventing you adding the options for ENS as long as the task also gets inherrited to the relevent groups for ENS.

Signatures and Engines

Endpoint Security Exploit Prevention Content

AMCoreContent Package

Patches and service packs

Endpoint security Firewall

Endpoint Security Platform

Endpoint Security Threat Prevention

Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Prevention

Or you can split them up as you see fit.. 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

You say I could split them as I have it now - So then the "daily" task that absolutely needs to be run would be the following, correct?  The rest would be product updates?

Signatures and Engines

Endpoint Security Exploit Prevention Content

AMCoreContent Package

McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi, 

You could have one update task at "My Organization" level, including updates for VSE and ENS. 

This would roll down to all clients/groups regardless of product. 

Or you can have a task assigned to a group or groups as you wish.. Both are update tasks:

"Client Task Catalog : Edit Task - McAfee Agent: Product Update"

Essentially, yes Endpoint Security Exploit Prevention Content and AMCore Content Package are for ENS and are subject to daily update.

Yes, you can specify updates on one task and product updates on the other if you wish, but this will only push updates that you already checked into ePO.

Was my reply helpful?

Pixels
Level 9
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

I'm a bit late to the show on this one but this is what I have done...  I hope it helps...

We have both VSE and ENS on our domain.

Tags VSE and ENS with a server task that will identify endpoints and what product they have by using them tahs.

After things are taged I have 2 seperate Agent update tasks.

1 - Looks for the ENS tag and does a AMcore update task to them.

2 - Looks for VSE tag and deploys DAT updates to them.

Personally, I only want to target systems that are relevant to the task running.  I find it's cleaner this way and have allot less issues.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community