McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 62

Re: Problem with ENS 10.6.1+November Update and Citrix XenApp 7.15

Jump to solution
What's the SR number?
Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
mr
Not applicable
Message 12 of 62

Jump to solution

Chealey -

MER was already uploaded.

Helpful would be responding to the case that is open rather than deflecting McAfee's responsibillity in the matter.

The log collection steps while refering to both boot and logon issues only direct you to boot steps.  While the same can be followed, it seems to be somewhat of a random data collection attempt.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 62

Jump to solution

@mr MER will only help us troubleshoot the issue to a certain extent. The mentioned data set would be needed for a full investigation into this issue by Technical Support. If you have this data, please note down the SR and I'll be happy to take a look.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
mr
Not applicable
Message 14 of 62

Jump to solution

Chealey -

As already mentioned - the instructions do not apply to the situation, they are about collecting data for a boot issue, not a slow logon that has nothing to do with a boot sequence.  We can collect all sorts of data that won't be helpful if we are not targeting the symptoms.

xaba_sg
Not applicable
Message 15 of 62

Jump to solution

4-19462417181

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 62

Jump to solution

@xaba_sg

Thanks! I couldn't check the config, as there isn't a MER attached. But from the logs gathered, we can see ALOT of activity for userprofilemanager.exe - make sure this is set as a LOW Risk process with scanning disabled for low risk processes. I would expect the issue to be resolved with those settings.

Was my reply helpful?
mr
Not applicable
Message 17 of 62

Jump to solution

chealey,

This is xaba_sg post - I'm adding my info as it may help for all concerned, not to take over the resource.

We already have userprofilemanager.exe excluded.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 62

Jump to solution
If you already have it excluded, then please collect amtrace, procmon and MER with ENS debug logging enabled so we can see what our scanner is doing. This really will help support troubleshoot the issue. It just took me a whole of a few minutes to review the logs from xaba_sg. Please understand we can only do so much on a community post.
Was my reply helpful?
xaba_sg
Not applicable
Message 19 of 62

Jump to solution

I opened a post in the forum, to help possibly others with the same problem.

I want to wait for the answer from the SR, before collecting other LOGs. They did not ask me to take the MER too.

I understand that you want to work on exclusions. But, Why with version 10.5.x everything worked fine, without exclusions or anything.
All "standard" exclusions are set, and all Citrix folders and critical processes has been excluded.

@tzemva

I can try...but with 10.5.x everything worked fine.

McAfee Employee tzemva
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 62

Jump to solution

Hi @xaba_sg

Just to add one more thing to @chealey analysis...

From ProcMon in the mentioned SR we can also see Citrix hooking in to McAfee process... I would recommend excluding McAfee processes:

How to Disable Citrix API Hooks on a Per-application Basis = https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX107825​
CTX107824 . Citrix API Hooks (mfaphook.dll) Explained
CTX221177 . How to verify if Citrix hooks are loaded in a process

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.