Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 51 of 62

Re: Problem with ENS 10.6.1+November Update and Citrix XenApp 7.15

Jump to solution

@mr I realize this as it has been discussed in this thread that both of you have had a case, though my suggestion in this instance was not directed towards you but xaba, thus the @. The knowledge of the fact there have been SRs open is why the phrasing of my response was "give Support a call regarding your SR". The second paragraph is a more generalized statement as a whole, that could be applied in scenarios when a case is not yet open.

The short of it is that the behavior that has been described, and discussion attempted for in this thread, is not something that is efficiently investigated in a forum format. It needs to have detailed data review and investigation to get the type of answers that are being sought. Thus, all of this back and forth here is generating unnecessary frustration that can be avoided by the provided methods for engaging in live troubleshooting and detailed data reviews.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

@jess_arman

Hi jess, you're right.
I apologize if I answered in the forum as if you are the official support. You have correctly given a suggestion for a temporary solution for me (but it is still a solution).

The problem is that yesterday the Mcafee support answered this:

They explained to me that there are problems in your configuration and without your help and change we can not do anything. If you can verify and respond in the community. If not, we have to close the case.

Kind regards

SR Support says to respond in the community (I do not know what)...

you to proceed with the support of SR .

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
Message 53 of 62

Jump to solution

@xaba_sg No worries. I just wanted to clairfy that those from Support monitoring here were just doing their best to help in context of the medium. As well as explain scenarios so if anyone in the future looks in on this post, they may be able to proceed more efficiently with their issue.

Now, I'm very appreciative that you've shared your most recent response you've received via your SR, because that is not an acceptable response from Support in that you should not be directed from a Support case to the Community forums to get your solution. You also shouldn't be pushed to close the case until you're comfortable. Since it's been some time since it was shared, can I confirm that your SR number is still 4-19462417181? Once confirmed, I'll be reaching out directly to the technician to discuss the handling of your case, to provide guidance, and to ensure that the direction this is going is righted so you can reach a full understanding on both sides, regardless of what the "verdict" is in regards to cause.

Jump to solution

@jess_arman

Yes i confirm the SR number.

Thx

Reliable Contributor Mcafee_SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Message 55 of 62

Jump to solution

Ah here we go they did not take you serious right? And what now? Best we allways do is to open a case AND publis it the same time in the forums. So other people don't have to go 4 hrs thought tier India Support to the point where they at least understand the problem and for once take a look at ther MER reports.

Reliable Contributor
Message 56 of 62

Jump to solution

"focus on working through the case rather than in a forum format"

No absolute not.

In this way other partners and their valued customers who also use Citrix and full range of Mcafee Suites can profit from this. I only found out that there could be such a problem. Citrix DOES not garantuee full security with their products IF you exclude all they written in their white paper.

It is clearly stated there by Citrix that it is NOT recommended to do such exclusions.

Reliable Contributor frank_enser
Reliable Contributor
Message 57 of 62

Jump to solution

Hi,

just to add my two cents: we also have customer which has the described Citrix logon lag. We could verify that ENS 10.6.0 worked flawless, but 10.6.1 (same server, same Citrix version, same ENS scan policy - yes the recommended AV exclusions are in place) has the logon lag. Unfortunatly, support is still investigating the root cause.

Regards,

Frank

McAfee Employee
Message 58 of 62

Jump to solution

@frank_enser I would recommend getting your Support Technician comparative trace data (ProcMon + AMTrace as outlined for performance concerns in KB86691) in order to be best positioned to fully investigate the difference in behavior. As discussed, detailed data review is the only way to get the full answers that are being sought here. If we see that processing is indeed different from a product-caused perspective, we are more than happy to file a research task with Engineering to investigate this issue as a potential defect.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee
Message 59 of 62

Jump to solution

@Mcafee_SWISS Everyone is welcome (and highly encouraged) to come back to this forum and update the thread with the results of their investigation with Support so all can benefit. However, the only viable, extensive, and effective way that you will get traction on a true review of this type of concern is to work with Support via a Service Request (SR). You cannot engage Engineering (if needed) via the forums, but can via an SR. We can't do investigative remote troubleshooting sessions and data collection via a forum, but we can via a SR.
Everyone here wants to be as helpful as possible. However, there are channels that are more appropriate for different types of issues and assistance than others.

Was my reply helpful?

Reliable Contributor
Message 60 of 62

Jump to solution
In a change Managment enviroment we DO NOT change things by registry. For sure not for something like a Enteprise Virus Protection which has self protection functions. This is a error we often see with Citrix people. He stated clearly that you need to aprove the signing of the CITRIX Hook DLL. Like you need to do for all low Level process: Ivanti Enteo Frontrange, Flexprofiles, Vmware things etc.
You do that under the ENDPOINT SECURITY COMMON OPTIONS on the MCAFEE EPO Policy for ENS
10.6.X. The Certificates with ENS 10.6 get automatic LISTED there and ALL you have to do is enebale a checkbox. However you must let it run for some time and let the Terminal Server run for a few hours and then you will see the Certificates and can aprove them.
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.