cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Policy not working on Win 10 Client

Jump to solution

Hi Adithyan

This is an offline server so I would need to install these manually

Dose this mean I need to install 'McAfee_Endpoint_Security_10.7.0.977.20_standalone_client_install'

Below are the files I have downloaded, I have applied all the extensions

C7.JPG

Jump to solution

OK, think I have got it see below, is this all I need? and if so is this all I need t do?

C8.JPG

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 23 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi @User39866432,

Yes! This looks perfect! Now, the second step is optional, but I would still recommend you to do this step now

--> Open the task you created for deployment and please add the Endpoint Security Platform package for 10.7 above Endpoint Security Threat Prevention that you have already in place and save the task.

--> Now please do a wake up call and check if the deployment happens successfully now.

If it fails , please check the below folder on the endpoint:

C:\Widnows\Temp\McAfeeLogs

This folder should contain the deployment logs if the installer was started on the machine by McAfee Agent. We can then start our investigation from there!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

OK, thats great, ENS seems to have transferred to the clients and all systems are running OK and not giving the the issues I had before with the clients not being able to log in 

When updates are release for DLP and ENS, what is the set wat to update them on the epo server. is it a matter of changing the Assigned client Task. As this is an offline system is it possible to use the internet connected server to pull the updates down, so would these updates be included in the 'Current' directory. 

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 25 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi @User39866432,

Brilliant! As far as updates go, endpoints should be able to pull it from the ePO IF you have a Product Update task assigned to it to pull down "Amcore", "Exploit Prevention Content" and "Engine" updates.

This will ensure the product remains updated with the latest signatures.

But This will not ensure that the product runs the latest versions! Upgrading to the latest version is a manual task where you have to check in the latest version when it is released and use a similar method to deploy them on the machine.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 26 of 26

Jump to solution

Hi @User39866432,

If the ePO Server is offline, typically we should be checking in everything on the list except for standalone client and the package designer.

However, if the endpoint on which you are trying to install endpoint security is offline, then only for those specific machine the standalone installer will be useful where unzip the package and run the setup file.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community