Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkokic
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Performance complaints

Received complaints regarding performance and recent system crash. Oracle is the primary application on the server. I do not have any exclusions set in the ENS On-Access policy. I have run Profiler and do see that two Oracle processes are about 29% and 19%. Would my next step be to add these two processes to the Low Risk Process list?
2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee BEllis
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Performance complaints

what kind of performance issues?

high memory usage? high cpu? not responsive to user? please explain

how long does it last? same time every day?

McAfee Support

Benjamin Ellis

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Performance complaints

Hi @rkokic

Take a look at any recommended Oracle AV exclusions as these will help you know if it is safe to exclude these processes or not. I know Oracle have some articles on required AV exclusions.

If on the list from Oracle then yes, you can add them as low risk processes. You may even need to disable scanning for low risk processes but this depends on what Oracle recommends.

You may also want to take a look at the following KB for general performance improvements:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88205

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community