Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex.p
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Package desinger for older ENS versions

Hello, Can I know where can I find older versions of PD? The service portal only presents the last 10.6.1 ENS version. I would like to find the PD versions for 10.5 & 10.2 ENS. Thanks,
2 Replies
McAfee Employee sbenedix
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Package desinger for older ENS versions

These older builds are no longer distributed (they may contain faults etc. which are fixed in more recent builds), that being said, 10.6.1 package designer should work with 10.5.x/10.6.x versions of ENS. I would discourage the use of 10.2 though as it reaches EOL, 15.12.2018. (EOL page: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/support/product-eol.html).

alex.p
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Package desinger for older ENS versions

Hello,

Following up on your advice,

Quote:
"
Requirements
The version structure for the ENSPD tool is parallel to that of ENS. Only the corresponding versions can be used together. For example, ENS 10.5 requires ENSPD 10.5, and ENS 10.6 requires ENSPD 10.6. Before running ENSPD, you must have ENS installed on a system in standalone or unmanaged mode, so you can customize policies. "

Mcafee KB86438

Why would McAfee add the compatibility of different ENS versions as a required note?
As I understand the ENSDP isn't backward compatible with the older version,
hence, my question.

Can you please explain this requirement?
I don't want to start testing and find out this is a must.

Thanks,      

@sbenedix wrote:

These older builds are no longer distributed (they may contain faults etc. which are fixed in more recent builds), that being said, 10.6.1 package designer should work with 10.5.x/10.6.x versions of ENS. I would discourage the use of 10.2 though as it reaches EOL, 15.12.2018. (EOL page: https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/support/product-eol.html).

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community