cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUPs - Potentially Unwanted Programs - Detections

I have few hash files provided to me to add them in the policy so they can only report instead of delete.

1- How can I check if they are already part of the policy.

2. If they are not, how can I add them?

3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: PUPs - Potentially Unwanted Programs - Detections

Within ePO the Potentially Unwanted Programs are listed within the ENSTP Options policy. This is however only done based on filename, not hash.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

The ENSTP Options policy doesn't give you the option to block or report. Does it block if we add any files in this policy.

I looked at Access Protection, it does give the option to add as MD5 files. can this policy be used to add PUP files?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

If you define a PUP then the action taken for this PUP is defined in the ENSTP OAS / ODS policy. The action however would not be block, it would be delete or clean.

If you want to BLOCK something, then you'd need to use Access Protection Rules. But here you cannot block based on MD5. To block using MD5 you would need to define the MD5 within TIE as known malicious.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator