cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markgarza
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 29

Re: 19.05.2020 Problem still there with ENS 10.7 10.7.0.1675 and HOTFIX 10.7.0.1733

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue with a few machines, Windows 10/Outlook 2016 and ENS 10.6.1 February update. Disabling Web Control seemed to fix it, then I re-enabled it again without changing any options and it still works... Not sure what's going on there, but thought I would chime in. 

I did create a duplicate policy with the options disabled as the previous posts suggest, but didn't get to use it. Don't wanna mess with it now but if it happens again I'll try assigning the policy with the modifications suggested here. 

markgarza
Level 10
Message 22 of 29

Re: 19.05.2020 Problem still there with ENS 10.7 10.7.0.1675 and HOTFIX 10.7.0.1733

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if this is a known issue that McAfee is working on? I don't see it listed in the known issues KB... We have the workaround for now of disabling email annotations but wanted to see if it is going to be fixed.

chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 23 of 29

Jump to solution

Hi @markgarza 

We are working on some reports of this issue. If you haven't done so already I would strongly encourage you to raise a Service Request with us so we can add your case to our investigations.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

We still are having this problem and I still don´t see it listed in the knowledge center although this problem is mentioned by dozens of people. Why does McAfee don´t handle this problem seriously?

regards

Johan Jacobs

chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 25 of 29

Jump to solution

Hi @JohanJacobs 

I can actually provide an update on this - we've been able to identify a fix. The fix will be included in next release which is targeted for July (this is subject to change).

In regards to documentation - I know a KB article was in progression last time I checked. I will follow up on that and share an update as soon as possible. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution
Thanks, looking forward to the fix. In the mean time I will do the change in the Options of the Webcontrol.

Johan
chealey
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 27 of 29

Jump to solution

Hi all

Here is the official KB article for this issue: https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB92671

Feel free to subscribe to it, to be automatically notified when we update it.

Was my reply helpful?
cybercop
Level 10
Message 28 of 29

Jump to solution

We are still disabling the web control across the domain. The promise was that the solution would be rolled out in the Apr update which obviously it hasn't. The work around hasn't even been given in this latest KB. Given the McAfee's inability to fix issues, resource gulping and the indian call centres where you have no chance of understanding what the support agents say (Heavily accented), it is likely that we will be moving to Microsoft Defender ATP. As Microsoft cover this in their EA's, you are going to loose a lot of business before too long. As one of the largest NHS Organisations in the UK others tend to watch what we do. Get your act together McAfee...

bretzeli
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 29

CHART:DLL SOLVED with Web Control 10.7.0.1607

Jump to solution

Hello,

This is solved in 10.7.0.1607  JUL 2020 Release

Yes this simply took too long to fix. But i thjink this is something between Microsoft and Mcafee. Changing to Windows Defender ATP not sure if that will solve it because i think in this part. case the delay was coming from Microsoft. Mcafee maybe gave up and finally changed it so it works for their customers. (Not sure who is to blame here....)

You are 100% correct about the far east support, sorry guys you don't help often and JUST want to close tickets.....

This is solved in following ENS version:

Produktversion (Endpoint Security Platform)
10.7.0.1961 JUL 2020 Release
Produktversion (Endpoint Security Threat Prevention)
10.7.0.2021 JUL 2020 Release
Web Control
10.7.0.1607  JUL 2020 Release

Greetings from a Mcafee Partner in Switzerland 😉

http://www.butsch.ch/post/McAfee-ENS-WEB-CONTROL-outlookexe-chartdll-crash.aspx

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community