Experiencing the same issue with a few machines, Windows 10/Outlook 2016 and ENS 10.6.1 February update. Disabling Web Control seemed to fix it, then I re-enabled it again without changing any options and it still works... Not sure what's going on there, but thought I would chime in.
I did create a duplicate policy with the options disabled as the previous posts suggest, but didn't get to use it. Don't wanna mess with it now but if it happens again I'll try assigning the policy with the modifications suggested here.
Does anyone know if this is a known issue that McAfee is working on? I don't see it listed in the known issues KB... We have the workaround for now of disabling email annotations but wanted to see if it is going to be fixed.
We are working on some reports of this issue. If you haven't done so already I would strongly encourage you to raise a Service Request with us so we can add your case to our investigations.
We still are having this problem and I still don´t see it listed in the knowledge center although this problem is mentioned by dozens of people. Why does McAfee don´t handle this problem seriously?
I can actually provide an update on this - we've been able to identify a fix. The fix will be included in next release which is targeted for July (this is subject to change).
In regards to documentation - I know a KB article was in progression last time I checked. I will follow up on that and share an update as soon as possible.
Here is the official KB article for this issue: https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB92671
Feel free to subscribe to it, to be automatically notified when we update it.
We are still disabling the web control across the domain. The promise was that the solution would be rolled out in the Apr update which obviously it hasn't. The work around hasn't even been given in this latest KB. Given the McAfee's inability to fix issues, resource gulping and the indian call centres where you have no chance of understanding what the support agents say (Heavily accented), it is likely that we will be moving to Microsoft Defender ATP. As Microsoft cover this in their EA's, you are going to loose a lot of business before too long. As one of the largest NHS Organisations in the UK others tend to watch what we do. Get your act together McAfee...
This is solved in 10.7.0.1607 JUL 2020 Release
Yes this simply took too long to fix. But i thjink this is something between Microsoft and Mcafee. Changing to Windows Defender ATP not sure if that will solve it because i think in this part. case the delay was coming from Microsoft. Mcafee maybe gave up and finally changed it so it works for their customers. (Not sure who is to blame here....)
You are 100% correct about the far east support, sorry guys you don't help often and JUST want to close tickets.....
This is solved in following ENS version:
Produktversion (Endpoint Security Platform)
10.7.0.1961 JUL 2020 Release
Produktversion (Endpoint Security Threat Prevention)
10.7.0.2021 JUL 2020 Release
10.7.0.1607 JUL 2020 Release
Greetings from a Mcafee Partner in Switzerland 😉