Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 28

Re: Outlook 2016 and chart.dll error

Jump to solution

I've rolled this change out to around 3000 machines in NZ, Australia and throughout Asia. I think the risk is quite low as when they user go to the links the browser action will still take effect.

I'f you are concerned, then I would look at placing a copy of the chart.dll in the syswow64 or system32 folder to work around the issue until McAfee Engineering have had time to diagnose and resolve the issue

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi @philrandal @Ralf_Schue @Sartori  @JoseMariU @xspader 

Thank you all for reporting this issue. Apologies for the delayed intervention. This forum is being monitored and the issue is acknowledged from our end to have been widely seen with other Customers as well. However, we are awaiting logs that we require to investigate this fully and hence we request you to create Service Requests with us in order to do the same.

Involving Microsoft from your end would also be a good idea here as we have seen in some reported cases where the issue has come up after an Outlook application update was installed to it, however we are seeing reports only with ENS 10.6 Feb update installed.

This issue, however, is not very consistently noticed around owing to which we are struggling to reproduce the issue at will and hence we request your kind help in raising this via  a Service Request.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have Outlook 2016 installed from Office Standard.  I had recently updated my 10.7 install to the StandAlone 10.7.0.753.8 version.  Previously was at 10.7.0.667.6.  With the newer version I was getting the chart.dll error 2 or 3 times a day.

After finding the thread in the top post, I removed the newer 10.7 and went to the older.  I did not put in a ticket because I need my Outlook working and didn't want to wait on McAfee support.  Plus I couldn't reproduce it on demand.  I just couldn't afford to be down while troubleshooting.

We have EPO 5.10.  But we haven't pushed out the 10.7 edition due to the minor issues that keep cropping up.  I'm just testing 10.7 on a few machines.

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 14 of 28

Jump to solution

We are seeing this issue on a number of systems. 10.7 feb is Deployed on 9500 systems out of 12000 and as we are an NHS organisation, we really do not need this at the moment! Is there any sign of a solution other than uninstall and go back to December release? This is a non-starter on 9500 system. 😞 .

Highlighted

Jump to solution

xpader's fix seems to have fixed the issue for us. Haven't seen it since I made those changes.

Also supporting NHS users, but hadn't rolled out the Feb update to more than a handful of PCs.

Phil

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Jump to solution

Have you tried the solution mentioned earlier, or the work around? These have resolved the issue for my customer who is a global logistics firm, and the work around arrested the issue on 3 machines prior to the fix being rolled out.

If these do not resolve the issue then your likely best option is to roll up to Office 2019 or uninstall Web Control.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same problem in our organization... Office 2019 and ENS 10.6.1 + Feb updates.

McAfee get your act together and fix this crap!

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi all

Thank you for posting on the Community. Our Engineering Team are currently still investigating this issue. We ask anyone experiencing this issue to raise a Service Request with us, so we can collect the necessary data to assist us with our investigation. Sadly, we've been unsuccessful in reproducing this in-house.

We've had various feedback from customers so far in regards to what resolves the issue. This feedback includes reinstalling/ repairing Outlook as well as implementing the workaround noted in this KB article: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89946 > might be worth trying these options if you are experiencing the issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello,

the workaround is ok, but where is the fix?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 28

19.05.2020 Problem still there with ENS 10.7 10.7.0.1675 and HOTFIX 10.7.0.1733

Jump to solution

Hello,

We still see the chart.dll problem with different customers from time to time. Outlook 2016 and ENS 10.7.0.1675 and HOTFIX 10.7.0.1733 on 19.05.202

http://www.butsch.ch/post/McAfee-ENS-WEB-CONTROL-outlookexe-chartdll-crash.aspx

Greetings from Switzerland

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community