cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Outlook 2016 and chart.dll error

Jump to solution

There's a thread over at AskWoody about chart.dll errors in Outlook.exe in which the Feb update for ENS is a suggested culprit:

https://www.askwoody.com/forums/topic/outlook-2016-and-chart-dll-error-multiple-pcs/

I've had this issue precisely once on a PC running ENS 10.7 Feb update, but I'm not able to reproduce it.

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 29

Re: Outlook 2016 and chart.dll error

Jump to solution

I had a call open with support and on 10.7 I tried disabling Web Control which didn't work and uninstalling it did. Support said to try

Please try duplicating the "Options" policy under Web Control and apply it only on the specific machine which you are testing.

Click on show advanced and disable the below options under "Email Annotations    (Windows only)"

Enable annotations in browser-based email Enable annotations in non browser-based email

this has allowed web control to be enabled and the issue is no longer reproducible at will as it was previously. Perhaps give this a try?

View solution in original post

28 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

We have the same problem, 1600 computers  and many with the Outlook chart.dll error. ENS february 2020 release installed. 

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 29

Jump to solution

Yes, we are currently experiencing the same issue with Office 2016 and ENS 10.7. Upgrade to Office 2019 seems to solve it but is a huge PITA.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

We have the same problem with the latest version of ENS 10.6 and Outlook 2016. I tried to go back to the latest version of ENS 10.5 and the problem was gone. 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 29

Jump to solution

Hello @philrandal 

Thanks for your post.

I would like to recommend you to please contact with support and most probably they will be going to check with Engineering to see what exactly is going wrong?

Other thing if you are using Web Control , Please try to disable it and check whether you are seeing this again or not.

If disabling is not going to help than please connect with support team to get this fixed.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @vivs 

Uninstalling Web Control did not help. It is also the same with or without the Firewall. 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Jump to solution

I had a call open with support and on 10.7 I tried disabling Web Control which didn't work and uninstalling it did. Support said to try

Please try duplicating the "Options" policy under Web Control and apply it only on the specific machine which you are testing.

Click on show advanced and disable the below options under "Email Annotations    (Windows only)"

Enable annotations in browser-based email Enable annotations in non browser-based email

this has allowed web control to be enabled and the issue is no longer reproducible at will as it was previously. Perhaps give this a try?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

hello @xspader 

Thanks for your answer, i will give it a try. 

Unfortunately we cannot upgrade to ENS 10.7 because we are still on ePO Version 5.3.2. I hope your suggestion will also work for ENS 10.6. 

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 29

Jump to solution

Any reason you havent upgraded ePO as yet? That version is quite out of support.

I'll be interested to know if it does work for 10.6 as well. If not the other 'fix' we found was putting a copy of the chart.dll into the SysWOW64 folder or the System32 folder, depending on the Office version. Not a complete fix but works around the problem

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Because it still works i guess. We are a very small it department. 

I have deployed the policy change to my test client and some actual clients and until now the problem is gone. Is it safe to deploy the change to everyone?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community