cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

On Demand Scan Task Randomization

Jump to solution

We have a task in our environment that run full scan  every 8 days. We set randomization 7 hours. The total servers we manage is 12k.

I have been told randomization is not needed for Task. Is this true? We have issues with On demand scan not starting or not being consistance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: On Demand Scan Task Randomization

Jump to solution

For your virtual machines, I would definitly take a look at the ENS for Servers extension.

For your physical machines, randomisation won't be of any benefit to your systems - in my opinion at least.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
3 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Are these systems virtual or what is your main reason for wanting the randomisation?

Randomisation is primarily used for AMCore Updates as the task will otherwise cause network usage spikes caused by each client downloading the content. ODS tasks don't need to download anything but if your systems are virtual then you'll be conserned about the amount of CPU being used in one go. If this is the case, you may want to look into "ENS for Servers". It's an extension which you can add into ePO and it will only run ODS and AMCore Update tasks when the hypervisor isn't busy. 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

They are a combination of Virtual Servers and Physical servers for DB. Our conern is ofcourse performance, CPU and Memory.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

For your virtual machines, I would definitly take a look at the ENS for Servers extension.

For your physical machines, randomisation won't be of any benefit to your systems - in my opinion at least.

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator