cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

On Demand Scan Results and "Stop Task on the Client"

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the On Demand Scan.

1. Why does it say that the scan ran for more than 2 hours when it only took 20 minutes? Is it because of cached scan results? I will attach a log.

2. Is there any event which says that no "Files with detections" were found after the scan to trigger an automatic response if nothing was found?

3. When the scan is triggered by an automatic response via "Run Client Task Now" you have to configure the "Stop Task on the Client After x minutes" time. It was set to 20 minutes per default. After 20 minutes the full scan stopped. Is there a way to say that the full scan shall not stop before it is finished?

Thank you for your help and best regards

Mathias

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: On Demand Scan Results and "Stop Task on the Client"

1. You used a run client task now instead of scheduling the scan. Run client Task now have a default expiry time of 20mins unless you set it otherwise.

2. All events which can be generated, can be found here: KB85494 - there is not however an event to say - nothing malicious found.

3. I would recommend using a scheduled task instead of Run Client Task Now. You can use the scheduling to "run immediately" as a similar option. Ideally though, you would want your scans scheduled for a certain day/ time.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Re: On Demand Scan Results and "Stop Task on the Client"

Thank you for the information.

So there is no event which confirms that the system is clean after a full scan is finished?

Regarding my first question: as you can see in the log file the scan started at 13:37 and stopped at 13:57, so it took about 20 minutes. 4 minutes later it says that the Run time was "2:43:20", so nearly 3 hours. Where does that run time come from? Is it because of previous scans which cash is still used?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community