Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

OAS policy does not get applied to the machine

Hello,

I am facing a problem with OAS exclusion list. The OAS policy with exclusion list that i specified on cloud ePO is not reflected on my linux machine. The agent version is 5.6.1 and Endpoint Security for Linux Threat Prevention version is 10.6.4. Did anyone ever have this problem before? and how to resolve this?

Thank you

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: OAS policy does not get applied to the machine

@nkos 

Are you seeing updated communication time from the Linux box in your System Tree?

As long as Extensions are up to date policy enforcement should not be problem. Can you please share the information what exclusion you have in EPO and what reflected locally?

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

@patrakshar 

Yes, the communication time is updated. below are the screenshots of exclusion list from my EPO and linux machine.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.32.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 9.31.41 AM (1).png

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Interesting. We would need to look at the configuration and logs once to take it further. Nothing conclusive I can say but there is known issue Issue where  Policy enforcement from ePO fails after restarting McAfee Agent 5.6.0. This has been found with 10.6.0 version. In case you are using the same version of ENSLTP and Agent then thats where we should start looking into. Otherwise I will need to look at the ENSLTP and MA debug log. Would suggest to open a SR with support so that we can investigate it further.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

I already have a SR open with support. Hopefully they can figure out and help me resolving this issue. Thanks!
Highlighted

Hello,

Was there a solution to this? Our organization has also been going through this issue, since roughly around the same time.

Regards,

Akshata Surve

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Hi @A1468282 

There can be many reasons a policy isn't being applied so a general solution recommendation is hard in this situation.

A few things to check:

* Does the issue persist if you assign all "McAfee Default" policies for ENS to the client?

* Does the policy status within ePO say "enforcing"?

* When you press "Check for new policies" on the Agent Status Monitor, do you see an entry for ENDP_AM? 

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community