cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Persistent VDI

@AjaySundar @cdinet @dmcgeary 

Dear All,

I would like to know if ENS 10.7 July update and McAfee Agent 5.6.5 can be installed on a non-persistent VDI. I did not get any KB article, so needed your advice.

Help me with any KB's or the relevant information.

TIA

Venu
3 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Non Persistent VDI

Hi @vnaidu,

The ENS, MA can be installed on any supported operating system listed under the below article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

But I believe if you directly install the product on the client machine, the next time when it boots it would not have the product in it as the non-persistent VDI boots from a golden image. Hence it is recommended that you install the ENS on the golden image.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

@AjaySundar Thank you for the reply.

The issue here is that we have many non-persistent VDI's in place and we are in the process of upgrading ENS and we do get  couple of instances where we need to manually install/Upgrade ENS, so the question is that can we install ENS on a non-persistent VDI without having to install it from the golden image?

Are there any KB article supporting ENS installation over a non-persistent VDI? not the supported platforms as it does not talk about NP VDI's

Venu
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

As far as the product is concerned it will get installed if the operating system is supported. It doesn't have any dependency on the virtualization used to build the machine. And there is no separate documentation on this at the moment. 

You can go ahead and install the ENS like you usually do on every other machine out there.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community