cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 12

Re: New Extensions for ENS 10.6.1 (After Feb 2019 Update)

Jump to solution

Hi @SWISS The issue you are mentioning has nothing to do with the extension version, so this is irrelevant to this thread. The issue you are mentioning is an issue faced by multiple AV vendors due to a change that Microsoft made. For our products this is documented here: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91476

In general there is one ENS extension for all OS platforms which is responsible for policies, tasks and reports. There is a further "license" extension for both the MAC and Linux platforms which is needed if you use these platforms and these ensure the licenses are applied correctly which in turn ensures the policies and applied and the product is activated.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted

Re: New Extensions for ENS 10.6.1 (After Feb 2019 Update)

Jump to solution

I EXTRA Wrote it Microsoft and MCAFEE friendly SINCE we you have to be nice to MS with MVISION + Defender etc. We already see with the AMSI Black Hole and nobody knowing what goes in there and not and what happens there....

Microsoft had a GRAYZONE. Mcafee did use the GRAYZONE to enhance performance (Because customer compared it to products WHICH already used the GRAYZONE). customer: "It's slow"

Now Microsoft changed the undocumented Grayzone and those who jumped onto the train run into Problems. Did the PREVIEW Updates did NOT come out 14 days this time? Would you shortly please state on that? So Mcafee had 14 days time to test as planned or was it shorter this time?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator