1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: New Campaigns Distributing Emotet Threat

Jump to solution

Emotet is a banking Trojan, and Ransomware is, well, Ransomware.

If the ask is to help identify whether or not McAfee provides coverage for a recent Emotet outbreak, we can certainly help by first gathering (at a minimum) a list of MD5 hashes.  These could come from a blog, an article, or any source reallly.  We have a fairly easy method of determining coverage, but it starts with first having a hash list.  It is almost impossible to cross-reference a detection name, unless it is a McAfee detection name.

@User30708443 If you happen to have a link or something that we can use to obtain the hash list concerning this mentioned campaign, we can certainly assist further.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @User30708443 

Can you share the hashes with us?

If you have a sample, please upload this to an SR opened with the point product MALWARE. See KB68030 for more info.

Many thanks

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

@User30708443 We ask because there is no attachment to your post.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Mcafee_SWISS
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution
The customer is ASKING if he IS Protected to THIS Threat. He does not HAVE the ransomware otherweise he would not type on forums and maybe have a heartattack. He has the info from SC Magazine or maybe even an Mcafee BLOG like we did read today this morning.

McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Emotet is a banking Trojan, and Ransomware is, well, Ransomware.

If the ask is to help identify whether or not McAfee provides coverage for a recent Emotet outbreak, we can certainly help by first gathering (at a minimum) a list of MD5 hashes.  These could come from a blog, an article, or any source reallly.  We have a fairly easy method of determining coverage, but it starts with first having a hash list.  It is almost impossible to cross-reference a detection name, unless it is a McAfee detection name.

@User30708443 If you happen to have a link or something that we can use to obtain the hash list concerning this mentioned campaign, we can certainly assist further.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.