cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know list of ports McAfee permits as a standard and which ports are blocked

Jump to solution

Team,

Need to know list of ports McAfee permits as a standard and which ports are blocked

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Re: Need to know list of ports McAfee permits as a standard and which ports are blocked

Jump to solution

With the Firewall, you would need to create rules which allow these communications. It blocks everything not specifically allowed in the rules.

As I mentioned before, TP does not have any port blocking rules. Hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need to know list of ports McAfee permits as a standard and which ports are blocked

Jump to solution

Which component of ENS are you requesting this information for? ENSTP no longer blocks ports, merely the firewall contains a default configuration which blocks certain communication by default.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response

We have an application which uses higher ports, like above 55000

Does McAfee ENS TP or Firewall block such high ports by default 

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

With the Firewall, you would need to create rules which allow these communications. It blocks everything not specifically allowed in the rules.

As I mentioned before, TP does not have any port blocking rules. Hope this helps!

Was my reply helpful?

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community