cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help specifying the correct McAfee solution.

I am building some standalone Windows 7 and 10 systems to a customers specifications.  These systems will never touch a network.  They are requesting McAfee and I am new to it (My company uses a competing product).  I need help selecting the right McAfee solution for these systems.  They need anti-virus only.  No firewall, or anything else.  Which McAfee product should I specify.

For now I have downloaded and installed the "McAfee Endpoint Security - Standalone Client Installer" trial version for testing until I get proper licenses.  It installed fine, but it does not seem to be working right.  I cannot use it to review log files, yet the log files are in the expected directory.  When I try to update with V3_3194dat.exe, it just fails.  So I am not certain that I am using the right product.

1 Reply

Re: Need help specifying the correct McAfee solution.

Hi,

In my humble opinion, i think you are using the wrong McAfee product to do what is required for unmanaged windows systems with antivirus only. Perhaps the Consumer versions will suit your needs better instead of the Business editions. McAfee Total Protection Free Trial

By the way, just curious why would your company install only the basic endpoint antivirus?

BR

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community