Highlighted
DuongLe
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

My ENS goes Trial-actived when I update EPO 5.3.3 to 5.10

Jump to solution

Dear Support team;

I  upgraded EPO 5.3.3 to 5.10, but when I download ENS, firewall..... and deployed to client, the client's status become Trial- Active.

Please tell my how to active that product.121.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 11 of 12

Re: My ENS goes Trial-actived when I update EPO 5.3.3 to 5.10

Jump to solution

It should be valid regardless of the version but the license key you have used in your new ePO may be different than the old one - which is why I'm asking you to check this.

Technical Support don't handle licenses so I'm afraid we can't really assist you on this front. Which is why I recommended calling Customer Services and/or your account manager to help you out here.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

This is quite strange. Is this happening to all the client machines or just one specific machine. What was the previous version you had on this problematic machine. How did you upgrade ENS...?

DuongLe
Level 9
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Because my old Server got a problem, Cannot restore so I downloaded EPO 5.10 and installed in clear windows server with empty SQL DB. I used my license to install and download ENS and got that problem ( Trial - Actived)

It happened to all machines

DuongLe
Level 9
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

I post 2 pictures in old EPO system, and new one.

Please check it and tell me what to do. It's unusual 

The old and the new EPO 're not same IP and Name. 

1.jpgnew.jpg

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

The products get the license information from your license key entered into ePO. I would advise you to check the key entered and check that you have a proper license for ENS attached to that key. You may need to call our Customer Services Team or your account manager who can help you look into your license in more detail.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
DuongLe
Level 9
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Chealey,

I want to ask you a question 🙂

in old EPO, i has license for ENS 10.5, so in new EPO i has only license for ENS 10.5 too or ENS 10.x or ENS xx.x.xx . Because I didn't view that contract so I don't know about which version I can use.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi @DuongLe 

I'm not sure I 100% understand your question but: ePO 5.10 does not support the same versions of ENS as the older versions of ePO. So it's possible you may not see all of the same versions listed.

However if your clients are using an older version of ENS, it is fine to have newer extensions in ePO as these are always backwards compatible.

Was my reply helpful?
DuongLe
Level 9
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Thanks @chealey,

My English is not good. So I descript what I did now, I hope you can understand and support me.

My old EPO 5.3 had problem so I stoped it and I installed a new 5.10 in a new hardwares, new OS, new SQL DB ( used my old license).

Everything is OK, in my new EPO, I creat a new agent file, and new ENS, new extension but when I deployed in client machine. It showed me Trial- Active ( not Lincense - Active). 

Old System: EPO 5.3 , ENS 10.5 

New System : EPO 5.10, ENS 10.7 

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

I understand this - you need to review my original comments and look at your license.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Dear @chealey 

So lincense for ENS 10.5 is not grant for ENS 10.7 or the other ?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community