cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration policies from VSE to ENS

Jump to solution

Hello,

I would like to migrate VSE policy Buffer Overflow Protection Policies to ENS10 policy.

Based on this

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Migrating-from-Legacy-McAfee-Products-to-Endpoint-Security...

VSE policy Buffer Overflow Protection migrate to Exploit Prevention policy in ENS.

However during migration in Endpoint Migration Assistant I have to choose also VSE Acces Protection Policies.See picture below. Capture.PNGVSE to ENSI have a question. Is VSE policy Buffer Overflow Protection Policies migrated only to Exploit Prevention or to any other ENS policy. In this example to ENS Access Protection as well.

Thank you

Lukas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Migration policies from VSE to ENS

Jump to solution

@LukasNew Dear Lukas,

Initially I had the same questions rolling for a few attempts. Since our environment is bigger one and I had to test it in my lab for a few times and then I understood the difference, if you do not want the AP while you migrate the Buffer overflow settings, then you can select none for AP and only select the Buffer overflow policy and move on.

For your better understanding, I would like you to go through the migration guide.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27567/en_US/...

I hope this helps.

Venu
2 Replies
Reliable Contributor vnaidu
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

@LukasNew Dear Lukas,

Initially I had the same questions rolling for a few attempts. Since our environment is bigger one and I had to test it in my lab for a few times and then I understood the difference, if you do not want the AP while you migrate the Buffer overflow settings, then you can select none for AP and only select the Buffer overflow policy and move on.

For your better understanding, I would like you to go through the migration guide.

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27567/en_US/...

I hope this helps.

Venu
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you Venu

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community