cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Migration assistant not migrating user-defined (or any) Access Protection exclusions or inclusions

Hi support,

We have noticed an issue when manually migrating Access Protection settings.  From the Migration guide [1], page 77/78 (table E-1), it notes "Report, block, and user-defined included and excluded processes are migrated" on starred entries.  Although the report and block settings appear to migrate successfully, the user-defined inclusions and exclusions do not.  In fact, checking the Endpoint security settings afterwards shows no exclusions or inclusions at all.  I have not confirmed on all, but tested on the settings below.  I can confirm that the exclusions and inclusions do migrate for user-defined AP rules.  I can also verify that I have confirmed I am selecting the correct server/workstation setting during migration.

I have reviewed the migration assistant known issues article [2], but not found anything pertinent.

Settings tested:

- Executing scripts by Windows script host (CScript.exe or Wscript.exe) from common user folders*
- Installing new CLSIDs, APPIDs, and TYPELIBs*
- Running files from common user folders*

Could you advise?

Many thanks,

Darren

Environment details:

ePO Build: ePolicy Orchestrator 5.10.0 (Build 2428)
Update Installed: Update 4 (2.0.0.454)
VirusScan extension: 8.8.0.716
ENS migration assistant: 10.6.1.1030
ENS platform extension: 10.6.1.1216
ENS Threat Prevention extension: 10.6.1.1234

[1] McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.0 - Migration Guide, https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD27567
2 Replies
McAfee Employee patrakshar
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Migration assistant not migrating user-defined (or any) Access Protection exclusions or inclusio

@dmease27 One of this issue has been fixed in 10.6.1 October update. Can you please use the latest october update package and let me know the status?

Re: Migration assistant not migrating user-defined (or any) Access Protection exclusions or inclusio

We have already tested this and noted that nothing appeared to have changed.  We have discussions ongoing with engineering at the moment.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community