Migration assistant not migrating user-defined (or any) Access Protection exclusions or inclusions
We have noticed an issue when manually migrating Access Protection settings. From the Migration guide , page 77/78 (table E-1), it notes "Report, block, and user-defined included and excluded processes are migrated" on starred entries. Although the report and block settings appear to migrate successfully, the user-defined inclusions and exclusions do not. In fact, checking the Endpoint security settings afterwards shows no exclusions or inclusions at all. I have not confirmed on all, but tested on the settings below. I can confirm that the exclusions and inclusions do migrate for user-defined AP rules. I can also verify that I have confirmed I am selecting the correct server/workstation setting during migration.
I have reviewed the migration assistant known issues article , but not found anything pertinent.
- Executing scripts by Windows script host (CScript.exe or Wscript.exe) from common user folders*