cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services CVE-2019-0708 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Jump to solution

Does McAfee provide protection against:

Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services CVE-2019-0708 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

“This vulnerability is pre-authentication and requires no user interaction,” Pope said. “In other words, the vulnerability is ‘wormable,’ meaning that any future malware that exploits this vulnerability could propagate from vulnerable computer to vulnerable computer in a similar way as the WannaCry malware spread across the globe in 2017. It is important that affected systems are patched as quickly as possible to prevent such a scenario from happening.”

See:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/05/microsoft-patches-wormable-flaw-in-windows-xp-7-and-windows-2003...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Re: Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services CVE-2019-0708 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Jump to solution

@RaymondP Microsoft has provided patches for these vulnerabilities. Moving forward with their patch and recommendations is the best solution as it is their OS which is vulnerable, making it their priority to correct. https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0708 

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

6 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Services CVE-2019-0708 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability

Jump to solution

Please see:

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/McAfee-Labs-Security-Advisory-MTIS19-018/ta-p/625140

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hello EugeniaLedesma,

Thanks for replying.

I've seen in the PDF, that DAT Files is still under analysis and Host IPS is Out of Scope.

Will there be also a McAfee Security Exploit Prevention Content?

A McAfee Labas Threat Advisory will be very welcome.

Regards,

McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

@RaymondP Microsoft has provided patches for these vulnerabilities. Moving forward with their patch and recommendations is the best solution as it is their OS which is vulnerable, making it their priority to correct. https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en-US/security-guidance/advisory/CVE-2019-0708 

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Do we have McAfee protection against subjected CVE ?

Jump to solution

as per McAfee :

COVERED PRODUCTS: Vulnerability Manager
UNDER ANALYSIS: DAT | Web Gateway | Firewall Enterprise.

asper my knowledge,  McAfee cant do much on this. HIPs can provide some input 

Jump to solution

McAfee NSP customers are protected via the following signature released on 5/21/2019:

0x47900c00 “RDP: Microsoft Remote Desktop MS_T120 Channel Bind Attempt”

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community