Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

Microsoft Test Device Registration Connectivity and ENS 10.7

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I have strange situation with the ENS 10.7 (and, maybe, 10.6): we has some problems with Azure Conditional Access on some PCs.

To check the connection to Azure, Microsoft Support had recommend for us run this Powershell script  on affected machines.

On some of them - script runs with positive results:

Test-DeviceRegConnectivity

Checking Internet Connectivity...
Connection to login.microsoftonline.com .............. Succeeded.
Connection to device.login.microsoftonline.com ......  Succeeded.
Connection to enterpriseregistration.windows.net ..... Succeeded.

But on the some of them, results are negative (even if the access protection and exploit prevention in reporting mode):
Test-DeviceRegConnectivity

Checking Internet Connectivity...
Connection to login.microsoftonline.com ................. failed.
Connection to device.login.microsoftonline.com .......... failed.
Connection to enterpriseregistration.windows.net ........ failed.

When the ENS was removed from this machines, script runs with successful results.
I'm totally in the dead-end, won't see any block or something like that.
Only differences with this PCs - different windows versions: failed runs Windows 10 1803 and 1809, and with success result runs on Win 10 1903
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Re: Microsoft Test Device Registration Connectivity and ENS 10.7

Jump to solution

Hi @vvadim 

Many thanks for posting on the Community. Which exact version of ENS 10.7 are you testing on? 

If it is the February Update (10.7.0.1564), I am wondering if https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92453 is causing the reported issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Anybody?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @vvadim 

Many thanks for posting on the Community. Which exact version of ENS 10.7 are you testing on? 

If it is the February Update (10.7.0.1564), I am wondering if https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92453 is causing the reported issue.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey.
Yes, it is the  February Update (10.7.0.1564)

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

@vvadim thanks for confirming. Can you check if the issue persists after following one of the workarounds mentioned in that KB article?

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

I'm not sure, but I has another issue, which I resolve with this article

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Endpoint-Security-ENS/Cisco-AnyConnect-Secure-Mobility-Client-and-EN...

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

@vvadim indeed, the same KB article is being referenced here. This issue is being addressed in the next release. I would advise to subscribe to the article so that you receive automatic email notifications when it's updated.

Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution
Thanks for answer. I'm already have subscribe to receive automatic email notification. I created this post, because link between this issues isn't obvious
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community