cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$MfeDeepRem is growing like any thing.

Dear All,

The files under this $MfeDeepRem folder will grows to a large size, if any known issue was reported recently, if yes, what is the available solution for us either to delete it or remove it?

In my laptop the C:\$MfeDeepRem size is 4 bytes and the sub folders Current Session, Terminated Session and User Data are all blank .

Where as the user's machine the data size is growing like any thing, We would like to know if this is a known issue and how to resolve this. 

1. Can we apply the full permission on this folder if McAfee support can advice if this will be impacted the data restoration attempt as concerned by SQL team?  
  2. Will this $MFEDEEPREM folder size is growing in future?
We look forward your reply.
TIA
Venu
7 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: $MfeDeepRem is growing like any thing.

Hi @vnaidu,

Good day to you!

McAfee is currently investigating this and it has been mentioned in the article below.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93429

We suggest you open an SR for this so, we could have this checked and get back to you with an update.

Thanks,

AJ

@AjaySundar 

I already got this KB article Ajay, I would like you to help me how on how to contain the folder size, it was there in the faq's earlier which has been removed KB86704.

The problem is that we would like to know how to reduce the folder size. 

Venu
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 8

Hi @vnaidu,

Let me have it checked and get back to you

@AjaySundar 

1. Will it create any issues while the DATA restoration happens, this is one of our concerns.
  2. Share your feedback on SQL DATABASE server + windows servers - a concerning for restoration?
  3. Will this cause any issues during the SQL DB restoration?
  4. Can we give full permissions on the folders?
Venu

@AjaySundar None of the solutions worked Ajay.

We had to install the November Update to resolve the issue as per the KB article mentioned in this discussions.

Venu

Hi there.

What I have learn from McAfee support, this folder creates if you have installed Endpoint Adaptive Protection and enable feature Adaptive Threat Protection -> Options -> Enable Enhance Remediation -> Monitor and Remediate deleted and changed Files.

This folder backs-up of your all data files, Incase if Ransomware encrypts your files, you can restore from here.

This is important feature, it is better to enable.

Cheers.

Arif

@Arif_Riyadh @AjaySundar 

The issue is resolved in McAfee ENS November Update. Kindly upgrade the ENS with such problematic nodes with November update.

KB93429 article for your reference.

Hope this helps.

Venu
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community