Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuraj
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Mcafee ENS Amcore content

We have high end database server with ENS installed 10.5.1 version with all ENS component.

From yesterday onwards the it is communicated in EPO but it is not invoking the client task to pull the latest signature. We are manually giving update now to update local server. Post that it is not reflecting in EPO console.

Agent version: 5.0.6

Is there any issue or bug in this version. How to fix this kind of issue without restart the server.

Regards,

Kuraj

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Re: Mcafee ENS Amcore content

Dear Kuraj,

there are some issues with McAfee Agent 5.0.6 (e.g. the service stopping randomly) and ENS 10.5.1, too.

So first please check remotely the Agent services. But tell the truth my recommendations for Agent is Agent 5.5 (the latest version. Many cutomers use this version, without any issue.) or Agent 5.0.4 which was a stable, good version. But you can check the OS support KB article.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Regarding ENS... please do not use 10.5.1 but 10.5.3

We have serious performance and ENS service issues with 10.5.1.

e.g. One of the ENS service stopped and never start again; McAfee Scanner CPU usege was high etc.

You can check the ENS service's status:

Run Admin CMD -> c:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mmsinfo.exe -enum

My suggestion for troubleshooting:

1. Remove all McAfee Component with McAfee Removal Tool.

2 Reboot (i know the pain of this point, but highly recommended)

3. Install Agent 5.5.

4. Install ENS 10.5.3

Good luck.

BK

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support

• Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center