Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Mcafee ENS 10.7 High memory

Jump to solution

Dear Gentlemen,

i need help, notmany but view of our system that using mcafee ens 10.7 some have high cpu or memory usage, even thou in idle state or not running scan, is there any solution to this?

Thanks,

DwiHigh Memory consumptionHigh Memory consumption

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Re: Mcafee ENS 10.7 High memory

Jump to solution

Hi @Dwee,

Apologies for the delayed response. There is definitely a possibility here that robocopy's high activity can be scanned by mcshield.exe thereby spiking up memory usage!

My recommendation is to, as a test, kill/stop Robocopy activities and check if the Memory usage goes down(observe for 2 to 3 minutes minimum). If it does, we are looking at a High Memory usage because of a third party process.

If it does not, we are looking at a possible memory leak issue.

If memory usage is confirmed to be because of robocopy, then you may choose to exclude the process activities by adding it under low risk process provided you trust the process. Now you can check if the issue still remains.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Dwee

Thanks for reaching out to community.

From the Description, I understand, McShield .exe is consuming high memory.

Very rarely ENS 10.7 reported these issues.

In this scenario, we recommend to go for the latest ENS 10.7 version (Sep update) and see if that resolves the issue.

If issue present with latest as well, you can gather data as per the below KB and we can work with Engineering for further root causing and provide Fixes. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86691

Was my Reply Helpful?

If Yes Give me a Kudo so together, we can assist other community members. 

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Thanks Yaz for your reply,

just curious, is there anything to do with "robocopy" activities? as you can see there's robocopy services, maybe theres copy activities using robocopy and mcafee scanned that ? or is there any way to check mcafee activities log in that same time when mcshield gettin high ?

thanks,

Dwi

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Dwee,

Apologies for the delayed response. There is definitely a possibility here that robocopy's high activity can be scanned by mcshield.exe thereby spiking up memory usage!

My recommendation is to, as a test, kill/stop Robocopy activities and check if the Memory usage goes down(observe for 2 to 3 minutes minimum). If it does, we are looking at a High Memory usage because of a third party process.

If it does not, we are looking at a possible memory leak issue.

If memory usage is confirmed to be because of robocopy, then you may choose to exclude the process activities by adding it under low risk process provided you trust the process. Now you can check if the issue still remains.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Yaz,

the weird thing is that we only have ens released notes only (sept update) and whiteout the actual software in our epo 5.9.1 /software catalog, is there some release date each country /region? to send it in our epo in our region ? so at the moment we still don't have the sept updates,

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Dwee,

Our release is supposed to be global and hence your ePO should be able to display the latest software available for download when you refresh the software manager screen. If it still does not show up, any of the following can be done:

--> Reach out to ePO team to troubleshoot the issue

--> Temporarily download the packages from product downloads page using your grant# and email address.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

In my experience, with ePO 5.10, ePO's software manager doesn't notify properly about updated bundles.

It had me well confused until I realised what was going on.

Check the details of the ENS 10.7 bundle in ePO.

Cheers,

Phil

Highlighted
Level 9
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

hi phil,

my 5.9.1 epo doesn't have that bundle, its only have the documentation release notes for the sept updates but there's no package or bundle files, weird, 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Dwee,

I am sorry to hear that. This would be a certainly valid issue for ePO team to look into. I would request you to either create a post with ePO support or even better log  support ticket since this may involve investigating logs and possibly a remote session to replicate the issue as well.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

In addition, open Resource Monitor and filter on McShield and confirm where the scan activity is occurring. If there's very little or no scan activity, confirm that the ENS Console does not indicate any errors when you try to open sections of the ENS Console or attempt to perform an Update Now. If there are errors or Update Now fails, reboot the server. If the problem persists reinstall ENS 10.7 on the server if Event Viewer does not indicate any errors/warnings that require attention.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community