cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmeyerkorth
Level 7

McTray.exe - Application Error, The instruction at 0x763db635 referenced memory at 0x0381f1a0

Not seeing much infor on this topic and as I roll out Agent 4.8, VSE 8.8 and HIPS 8 this started happening to my clients at random.  At first thought was because ePO push caused, but today a flash of these went across a group that isn't being pushed at this time.  The only relevant post I could find was at https://community.mcafee.com/message/298174.  nBut that is irrelevant because as I said the group getting the errors is all up to date and not under and client tasks at this time.  Anyone else having or seen this issue maybe give a little insight?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ssadlocha
Level 10

Re: McTray.exe - Application Error, The instruction at 0x763db635 referenced memory at 0x0381f1a0

I have been seeing McTray.exe errors quite a bit lately. In all of my cases, they are related to the EEPC agent dll. I have tried installing the ePO agent, as well as EEPC components. The only thing I have found to work is removing EEPC and EEPC agent, followed by a reboot, then installing again. Unfortunately, this can only be done by decrypting the drive and deactivating it, so it is a time consuming process, and a real pain.

0 Kudos

Re: McTray.exe - Application Error, The instruction at 0x763db635 referenced memory at 0x0381f1a0

Make sure you installing MA 4.8 patch 2 (build 4.8.0.1500)

Cheers,

0 Kudos