cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chevy_pl
Level 7

McAfee deletes installation files

Hello,

We are small company working on a product which install through NSIS (typical installation process). We have problem only with McAfee antivirus which deletes our program files durning installation. There is absolutely no warning or notification from McAfee. Files are not beign quarantined they are just removed without any warning. Scanning our installation files proved that they are not infected by any virus or malware. Our software installs in user's AppData directory. This is serious problem, because our customers can't install our software. I'm very grateful for any help.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: McAfee deletes installation files

You would need to submit the software to McAfee for analysis and clearance.

Corporate article here:  https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66642

Consumer article here:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/threat-center/resources/how-to-submit-sample.aspx

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Hi chevy_pl,

This is the Consumer Home and Office sub-community. Could you enlighten us further as to what protection you indeed have. As your post indicates it to be for buisness. It would benefit you more,and would be more appropiate to be moved to an area whom are more experienced with Enterprise/Buisness Products.

I see now that Peter responded as well, follow his advice...

All the best,

Regards,

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 7/15/14 7:51:51 AM EDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
chevy_pl
Level 7

Thank you for quick replay. I will contact with McAfee Labs for whitelisting our software.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Good luck.

0 Kudos
msi4mahesh
Level 7

Has your program ever gotten whitelisted. For what I can say NSIS installer should be whitelisted in the first place.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Moved this to Web Gateway - Moderator

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi,

what is the product that is used here? This forum is about MWG - since MWG cannot remove files during the installation I assume this is about an endpoint AV product. Probably the thread should be moved there?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Moved to Endpoint Security as suggested-By Moderator. If this is not the appropriate section,please advise.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos