cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee and Windows updates of this week

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

It has just came to my attention that Avira has confirmed that the latest Windows Update causes increasing problems to the windows clients and this with the help of a 3rd party Antivirus software.

According to Avira it affects the KB4493509 for Windows 10 and KB4493472 und KB4493448 for Windows 7. This is slowing down the computers. The solution is to uninstall the updates if they are already installed and deactivate them if there is no installation yet.

Is McAfee aware of this and how should we proceed in such case?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 10

Re: McAfee and Windows updates of this week

Jump to solution

All, please refer to Knowledge Base article KB91476 for available options for all affected McAfee products, and any news specific to our affected products:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91476

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
9 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi @Herkules 

I personally have seen a couple of cases raised with this same behaviour which are currently in the process of being investigated. It would be great if we could get a customer working with Microsoft so we can collaborate together.

I am currently trying to replicate this within my labs.

From our side, data as per KB86691, see "Slow system performance" along with a MER which contains ENS debug logging would be great.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey,

could you please let me know if there is there any update about the the issue?

Thanks

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

I will update the thread as soon as we have an official response from our engineering team. They are currently reviewing these patches.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey ,

This issue has also been confirmed to occur with Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise.

Key KB number:KB4493472, KB4493448

What would you do with Mcafee at this time?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

If you are seeing and issue with those patches and any of our software, you can raise an SR with Technical Support so we can assist our engineering team with their research. At the moment we are still currently analysing the effects of those patches combined with our software. As previously mentioned, as soon as a statement is released or there are any findings we can share, I will update this thread.

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey 

I was aware.
I will wait for the follow-up.

Thank you.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

@soc_chan 

@Herkules 

We have identified a few issues on Windows 7 machines with these patches and are looking to address these issues with a fix. In what way that fix will be delivered is still unconfirmed at this time but if you have applied the fix and are seeing any issues, we would appreciate it if you could raise a Service Request and attach the appropriate data according to the issue you are seeing: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89433

Was my reply helpful?

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey 

When I uninstalled the following features, I solved it.

・McAfee Threat Intelligence Exchange module for VSE

Thanks.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

All, please refer to Knowledge Base article KB91476 for available options for all affected McAfee products, and any news specific to our affected products:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91476

Was my reply helpful?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community