Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccastbr
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Profiler 2.0 will not read MPR file

McAfee Profiler 2.0 collects data and produces an MPR file, however, it cannot be read back in.   Profiler complains the file is damaged or corrupt.    It appears fine in a text editor as XML.     

Using ePO 5.10.0, ENS 10.6.1, HIPS P14

2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Profiler 2.0 will not read MPR file

Hi @ccastbr 

Thanks for posting on the Community.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this issue and I've also not seen any other customers report the same. I would suggest potentially redownloading the Profiler Tool and checking if you get the same results on a few machines. 

ccastbr
Level 11
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Profiler 2.0 will not read MPR file

I had my user try again and a new result file was returned that I was able to read.   The difference, from what I can see, is that the "damaged" result file is missing the XML command at the very end.

Typically the file ends with

</process>
</profiler><!--  HexNumbersMakingAHashofSometype  -->

The file that could not be read was missing the comment and hash.    I do not know how that is calculated or if I can recreate what is missing, but it is only important to know if I encounter another file like this.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community