Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YashT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 17

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security Issue: Exploit Prevention is disabled.

Jump to solution

Hello @hmbdtx ,

Select the system on which you are getting this popup from system tree Actions > Agent > update now.

Wait for few mins and then verify if you are still seeing that popup.

also check you DAT/Amcore version locally from the system if that is actually updated or needs to be updated.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
hmbdtx
Level 9
Message 12 of 17

Jump to solution

I am not sure as to what you mean by "Select the system on which you are getting this popup from system tree Actions > Agent > update now." 

the popup only occurs once or twice a day. It will probably be tomorrow before I know if the message is still poping up. I did just perform a manual update a few minutes ago.

I installed the February update 2 days ago and that is when this message started showing up.

Thanks

Howard

YashT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello @hmbdtx ,

I meant to select the system from system tree of EPO > click on actions > agent > update now.

This option is for updating the DAT version on the system, product version will remain same.

once the system is updated, wait till tomorrow and let us know if you are still seeing the popup.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 17

Jump to solution

@YashT , as @hmbdtx  already mentioned it is standalone machine and not EPO managed. 

@hmbdtx  since you have enabled the EP today only, wait for next reboot and check if issue persist. If you still see the pop up then that is something new you are reporting in this version and we would suggest you to open a SR for the same. 

YashT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 15 of 17

Jump to solution

@patrakshar  thank you for pointing out, my bad.

@hmbdtx manual update will do, lets wait for a day and see if that comes again.

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
hmbdtx
Level 9
Message 16 of 17

Jump to solution

The issue with the message "Virus protection is out of date..." in the Windows Action Center appears to be resolved along with the Exploit Prevention issue.

Thanks to everyone for the fast and excellent help in this matter.

Howard

YashT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 17 of 17

Jump to solution

Hello @hmbdtx ,

Glad it worked with enabling the option of Exploit prevention. 🙂

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Yash T

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community