cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Endpoint Security Issue: AMSI is not responding

After updating versions of McAfee they report as not Running, which is Threat Prevention 10.6.1.1103 and Adaptive Threat Prevention 10.5.4.4209. I also cant install Adaptive Threat Prevention 10.6.1.1095 or Threat Prevention 10.6.1.1169. I did try the mvt which found 37 errors but cant fix 28 of those issues
6 Replies
vnaidu
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security Issue: AMSI is not responding

@User54676706

AMSI is supported by McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6. However, the issue you have mentioned is not clear, may we have the errors/logs to check further. Alternatively, I would recommend that you may log a ticket with McAfee for a quick support.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Venu
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 7

You definitly need to update ENS to run all components in the same version otherwise this can cause issues. We have a few issues reported for these errors which we addressed in the November Update > please ensure you update all installed components to ENS 10.6.1 + November Update. If the issue still occurrs, I would also recommend raising an SR with support > if you supply support with an Amtrace, procmon and ENS logs with debug logging enabled (via MER tool) then we will be able to assist you more efficiently (more on these traces: KB86691

You mentioned you couldn't upgrade all ENS components > this would then be a seperate issue which is probably linked to the errors you are seeing. You may want to try using KB87589 to help you troubleshoot the installation failures

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Thank you, I will be looking at the article you mentioned and report back

I finally got the MER for EPO checked in to Server and installed on PC side but the logs are failing to be written to the default McAfee path which is %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\McAfee\Supportability\MER for ePO...I tried on 2 PCs same results
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Something could be blocking the .tgz file creation.  If we are using the MER for ePO, we can try executing the MER utility locally, and then once completed, it should prompt us to upload/save the file.  We can choose to not upload the file to an existing SR, and then see if we can save a local copy of the resulting .tgz file, which is an archive containing the MER contents.  Due to the nature of the reported issue, and the trouble we seem to be incurring with the MER result, it would be recommended to log a support case, so that we can offer some live assistance.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

vnaidu
Level 11
Message 7 of 7

Hi Aaron,

I completely agree with you. Logging a case with McAfee would be of a great help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Venu
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.