cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch 1 vs McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch None

Dear Sir, please help:

I have McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch 1 installed on all my machines, but now vendor inform me that new machine will be with  McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch None, could you please advice me is it a big differences? should I receive it? and may I upgrade to version with patch 1?

Thank you very much in advance !

4 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee tlange
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch 1 vs McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch None

just upgrade ens to the latest version once you get the new machine.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch 1 vs McAfee Endpoint Security 10.6.1 Patch None

Just to add to @tlange comments. You can see the changes we made to each version in the release notes - these can be found here:

https://kb.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB82761

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

Thanks @tlange, @chealey for replies. I`ve checked the links from your posts and can`t find any "Patch 1" reference in the release notes neither in KB82761 "Supported platforms".
Entirely the issue is only with "Patch 1" word in vendor`s and ours McAfee 10.6.1 revisions shown in About window (all other numbers including AV Engine are equal).
Vendor confirmed only 10.6.1 without "Patch 1" were tested and they worry about changes in "Patch 1" revision.

Please refer to attached pic :

McAfee print screen.jpgPlease refer to attached pic

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community