Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moonir
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Endpoint Protection

Hi,

I need information if possible. My McAfee Antivirus Support License "MFE Endpoint Protection 1 Yr GL [+ P] Enterprise VirusSacn, VirusScan Command Line for Dos & UNIX, Enterprise Anti-Spyware, Enterprise Desktop Firewall Plus and Device Control" has been expired and I want to  extend it. I think VirusScan no longer exists and has been replaced by ENS. Please inform me about the equivalent products of my existing.

Thank you

1 Reply
McAfee Employee cookand
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Endpoint Protection

If you need to extend your suite for McAfee anyone within the sales department can take care of that for you and get you back up and running! As far as VSE not existing anymore that isn't the case. VSE/HIPS/MSAE are considered our "legacy" products but you are still able to use those products in your environment if you'd like. Our push from McAfee is to get our customers on some more advanced and newer technology "ENS" (Endpoint Security). By Default it will assume all of the responsibility of the products I listed above (Legacy Products). 

The layout for conversion from legacy to ENS is as follows:

VSE-ENS Threat Prevention

HIPS-ENS Firewall

MSAE-ENS Web Control

With these three modules you can effectivly condense three products into one. Less hassle, less confusion, less updating. If you have any questions in regards to this information I would highly suggest checking the knowledgebase on Product Documents for ENS and if you want to make the jump from VSE/HIPS/MSAE or anything else you can open an SR with the support team and we would be glad to assist. 

-Andrew

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community