Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muaath
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee ENS threat prevention is not responding

We noticed that some systems are not updating AMCore in our network. We solved the issue by updating the root certificates. But only in three systems it was not solved. we tried to removing ENS then deploy it again. after deployment, ePO shows that the products are installed and platform hotfix is installed but threat prevention hotfix is not installed and ePO is not showing DAT file content version not even version 0.5. When we accessed these systems we found an issue when we open ENS then clicking about; image below:

ENS issue 2.png

"Under threat prevention (Failed to retrieve product information)".

Also, in mctry.exe image below:

ENS issue.png

"issue: AMSI is not responding, issue: Exploit is not responding, issue: On-Access scan is not responding, issue: ScriptScan is not responding"

We also noticed in McAfee agent that AMCore content was downloading after deployment of ENS. 

6 Replies
pv
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee ENS threat prevention is not responding

Hi @Muaath 

Thank you for your post.

The product installation is either corrupt or partial due to which you are able to see similar error message.

Please do follow the below article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB92095

Hope this helps!

Thanks 

GPV

Muaath
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

unfortunately, this solution didn’t work.

the same behavior happened on another system today. ENS was functioning properly. I check the last scan date on that system then I changed an on-demand scan policy from epo. I woke up the agent on that system. Then the threat prevention was showing same issue. I also noticed on ENS, “ threat prevention status: not running”.

please note that the ENS was not updated or upgraded at that time.

ENS version 10.6.1

Muaath
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Also, we noticed these systems are slow. Once I removed ENS from one system then restarted it, it became fast.

Saif_f
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Muaath 

Thank you for posting in community forum. There could be many reasons why ENS would be in a not responding state and it will difficult to tell without having a look at the logs.

Could you please check if there are any other AV solutions active on the machine (like Windows Defender). Could you please run McAfee Sysprep on one of the problem machine to see if there are any dll injections happening?

Ref:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89860

Also, does removing ENS and re-installing fix your issue?

Kind Regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and give a Kudo, together we can help other members.

Muaath
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

I will try as suggested running sysprep.

after re-installing same issue is happening. Whrn I came next day, only one system showing threat prevention as healthy again.

There is a policy to disable windows defender on all systems.

all systems are windows 7 professional service pack 1

Muaath
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

I checked mmsinfo.exe -enum

it shows that mfetp is stopped. I tried to started it says start-pending. after around one minute it goes to stopping state.

in ENS platform error logs: I found this error code: failed to get technology status for on-access scan 80000103L

similar for other scans

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community