cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee ENS Access Protection Enable/Disable using command line

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm writing power-shell script, where i want to disable Access Protection, perform some action & Enable the Access Protection. Could you please help me to get command line options to Enable/Disable the Access Protection or Registry Path where i can modify the Access Protection status?

Thanks!

~Regards,

Nithin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MPoleur
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee ENS Access Protection Enable/Disable using command line

Jump to solution

Hello,

Here is how I manage this. First some steps to setup the mecanism in ePO.

1. Create a Policy with Access Protection disabled (let say it's called "Access Protection Disabled")
  2. Create a Tag (let say it's called "AVDisabledTag") with a criteria "Custom 1 equals AVDisabled"
  3. Create a "Policy Assignment Rule" to assign the policy "Access Protection Disabled" when the Tag "AVDisabledTag" is set

Then, from the client (must be online and allowed to communicate to ePO), run these commands:

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop1 "AVDisabled"
"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\cmdagent.exe" /p
"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\cmdagent.exe" /c

The first command sets a local custom property to "AVDisabled"; the second command sends properties to ePO; the third command retrieves new policies. Within seconds, the Access protection is disabled.

To get back to the initial state:

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop1 ""

Indeed, I set up multiple Policies grouped into the same "Policy Assignment Rule" to also disable FW, WC,...

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rfranci
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @NITHIN_MC ,

Thankyou for reaching us on community!

Unfortunately, this would not be possible as we do not have any command line capability to disable or enable any feature in endpoint security.

Also, you would not be able to edit any registry entries of McAfee endpoint security as it will be protected by 'self protection ' .

Hence, you will have use client console or EPO server to enable or disable any feature.

i hope this answers your query.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

- Rohit Francis

MPoleur
Level 9
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello,

Here is how I manage this. First some steps to setup the mecanism in ePO.

1. Create a Policy with Access Protection disabled (let say it's called "Access Protection Disabled")
  2. Create a Tag (let say it's called "AVDisabledTag") with a criteria "Custom 1 equals AVDisabled"
  3. Create a "Policy Assignment Rule" to assign the policy "Access Protection Disabled" when the Tag "AVDisabledTag" is set

Then, from the client (must be online and allowed to communicate to ePO), run these commands:

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop1 "AVDisabled"

The first command sets a local custom property to "AVDisabled"; the second command sends properties to ePO; the third command retrieves new policies. Within seconds, the Access protection is disabled.

To get back to the initial state:

"c:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop1 ""

Indeed, I set up multiple Policies grouped into the same "Policy Assignment Rule" to also disable FW, WC,...

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community