cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee ENS 10.6.1 install to client Slow performance

Hi All 

My company install ens 10.6.1 to user system.

that system will be slow to use.

i doubt this problem was traditional hard drive cause

because use SSD system wasn't slow .

so anyone happen to this problem ?

abel pan 

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee ENS 10.6.1 install to client Slow performance

Hi @abel_pan ,

Thank you for posting on the Community.

I have not found any performance issues associated with traditional hard drive.
Does the problem occur in all environments that use the same disk model? Or is it a part?

The following known issue (KB) has the following information:

Endpoint Security 10.x Known Issues
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82450&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_U...

-----------
Issue: In environments with short living processes with an unknown reputation, such as a compiler, ENS produces a performance penalty on the overall execution. This penalty occurs because the time needed to get a reputation is longer than the reputation retrieval.

Resolution: This issue will not be resolved. To avoid the performance penalty, you can add an exclusion for the known path where the originator of the short living process resides. For example, the compiler path.ssue: In environments with short living processes with an unknown reputation, such as a compiler, ENS produces a performance penalty on the overall execution. This penalty occurs because the time needed to get a reputation is longer than the reputation retrieval.

Resolution: This issue will not be resolved. To avoid the performance penalty, you can add an exclusion for the known path where the originator of the short living process resides. For example, the compiler path.
-----------

The following knowledge will also be helpful.

How to improve performance with Endpoint Security 10.x
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88205

If you are not using the latest version of ENS 10.6.1 (ENS 10.6.1 Hotfix 199847) or ENS 10.7.x, please upgrade ENS and check the reproducibility.
If it is reproducible, you can contact Technical Support for more information.

Best regards,

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee ENS 10.6.1 install to client Slow performance

HI abel_pan,

The best thing to do is to work out where the slowness is occurring.  Was any testing done in the environment prior to install? 

Start by disabling ENS components one by one and see where the performance is better. If this is a new installation, most likely configuration change can help. 

Configuration can cause this type of issue, you can try:

Download and install the McAfee Profiler tool from the download site.  Run this whilst experiencing the performance issue, then review the results. Set exclusions as required for files/folders or processes by enabling HIgh and Low RIsk process policies. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB88595

If you still have issues follow this KB and collect the required data. 
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB86691

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community