cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee ENS 10.6.1 December Update

Jump to solution

Hello community!  I'm looking for an information on how to properly act with the recent new ENS Versions. If I use the ENS 10.6.1 without November or December Hotfix, can I skip the November Update and go straight for December update? Will this include the changes from the November update or do I need to implement both updates one after another? Thank you in advance for clarifying this matter! 🙂

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 13

Re: McAfee ENS 10.6.1 December Update

Jump to solution

Hi @HugsNotDrugs

Here are some examples of how you can upgrade your systems:

ENSTP 10.5.4 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Full Install Package
ENSTP 10.6.0 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Patch Package
ENSTP 10.6.1 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Hotfix Package
ENSTP 10.6.1 Nov Update --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Hotfix Package

Hope this helps!
Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

@MA2019

The hotfix packages are not available from the download page as of now.  What is currently available are the patch packages, as well as the full installer.  Some upgrade scenarios include:

ENSTP 10.5.4 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update | Need the Full Install Package

ENSTP 10.6.0 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update | Need the Patch Package

ENSTP 10.6.1 Nov Update --> Wait for ENS January Update

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

@MA2019

Yes, as we do not expect a reposting of the December update to occur at this time.

January's (hotfix) update will be what is needed.

Was my reply helpful?

12 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @HugsNotDrugs

Here are some examples of how you can upgrade your systems:

ENSTP 10.5.4 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Full Install Package
ENSTP 10.6.0 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Patch Package
ENSTP 10.6.1 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Hotfix Package
ENSTP 10.6.1 Nov Update --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Hotfix Package

Hope this helps!
Was my reply helpful?
ebude
Level 7
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi @chealey

Thanks for this information, but how are we supposed to know that? This information is not part of any release notes.

Greetz

Erhard

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution
We identified a lack of information and the release notes have since been updated to include the information: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/27000/PD27825/en_US/...
Was my reply helpful?
Highlighted
MA2019
Level 7
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

I don't see the hotfix for the December update on the download site.  I only see the full install and the patch

ENSTP 10.6.1 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update --> You will need the Hotfix Package

Which one is this file?
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

@MA2019

The hotfix packages are not available from the download page as of now.  What is currently available are the patch packages, as well as the full installer.  Some upgrade scenarios include:

ENSTP 10.5.4 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update | Need the Full Install Package

ENSTP 10.6.0 RTW --> ENSTP 10.6.1 Dec Update | Need the Patch Package

ENSTP 10.6.1 Nov Update --> Wait for ENS January Update

Was my reply helpful?

MA2019
Level 7
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Thanks for your answer.  If I have machines with ENS 10.6.1 RTW ?  do I need to wait for the Jan update as well?

Thanks!

McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

@MA2019

Yes, as we do not expect a reposting of the December update to occur at this time.

January's (hotfix) update will be what is needed.

Was my reply helpful?

MA2019
Level 7
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution
Thanks for your help. Super Helpful!

Jump to solution

Hello, can someone please provieded the update package informationo no that the February Update is releaseed. What packages should I use to get the 10.6.0 Version all the way to the 10.6.1 February Update?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator