Highlighted
GJ35
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Complete Uninstall

Jump to solution

Hello,

I work in an environment where we are utilizing an ePO server and have clients with McAfee Agents and Endpoint security.  Can someone tell me if these McAfee components are installed on a system and we capture this image to deploy on other systems, will it cause an issue once they connect to the network?  Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

GJ35

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor jacek
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Complete Uninstall

Jump to solution
You can create an image with whole McAfee installed, but some tasks must be done before creating an image. See https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84356
If you use Drive Encryption and whole disk is encrypted, all systems will have exactly the same encryption/decryption key.
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

For ENS you would also need to remove this GUID:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89849

I'm slightly confused by the subject of this thread and your description though as they don't match. Was there something in regards to the uninstall that you wanted to ask? Just want to make sure, we haven't misunderstood your question.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
6 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution
You can create an image with whole McAfee installed, but some tasks must be done before creating an image. See https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB84356
If you use Drive Encryption and whole disk is encrypted, all systems will have exactly the same encryption/decryption key.
GJ35
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Jacek,

I will definitely look into your suggestion.  Aside from the McAfee agent itself, what about all the other McAfee components that we have on an enterprise system like Endpoint Security?  Do I need to worry about that as we capture this image and deploy to other systems?

GJ35

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

I didn't have any issues with ENS. I have also disabled telemetry.

But if it is recommended by McAfee, you can do it.

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

For ENS you would also need to remove this GUID:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89849

I'm slightly confused by the subject of this thread and your description though as they don't match. Was there something in regards to the uninstall that you wanted to ask? Just want to make sure, we haven't misunderstood your question.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
GJ35
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Chealey,

I have to apologize. I noticed that too as soon as I clicked on "Post".  I started out wanting to know how to completely uninstall all McAfee components on the system but then I quickly turned to addressing if it is possible to have McAfee installed and cloned to other systems but somehow make sure that there wouldn't be any issues with that once the systems were joined to the domain.  Thank you for your response.

GJ35

clasha
Level 9
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

If you are using enterprise feature tools like Microsoft SCCM you may be able to do this as post imaging tasks.  I only say this as the more you stuff into your image the larger your package will be to push to the client which will make the deployment take many hours.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community