cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee_Common_VSCore_Install

McAfee_Common_VSCore_Install Creating large files (13GB)

We are unable to delete the logs dues to access denied.

Disabled self protection still not allowing to stop the services or delete the log.

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee_Common_VSCore_Install

There is no protection over C:\Windows\Temp\McAfeeLogs unless you specifically set it up with Access Protection rules. The only other reason I can think of that would give you access denied, is if the installation is still running. That is a massive log size! I've never seen it get much bigger than a few MB!

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee_Common_VSCore_Install

If you are Trying to delete %temp%\McAfeeLogs folder then you cannot delete it Directly because there will be "UpdaterUI_******" two logs file will always be there. You should be able to delete the Logs seperately on from the McAfeeLogs folder. (this is if you are doing installation locally)

Moreover multiple Logs files should not get created unless Installation is failing on the machine. So mostly you have a task in EPO which running in every policy enforcement that is triggering the task. Since the instalaltion is failing repeatedly as a result you are seeing so many logs files. You would need to resolve the installation issue first.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community