cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Agent upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6.2 Manually, raise events in ENS console

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have installed the stand alone McAfee ENS 10.6 on our system via command line. After the installation of McAfee ENS 10.6 we upgrade the McAfee Agent to 5.6.2 via command line following the procedure mentioned in below URL:

Link 

But during installation an alert raises in McAfee ENS console as show below:threat_prevention_error.png

However, Exploit Prevention is disabled in the configuration and still the alert is being raised.

We have also tried to install the Agent and ENS without command line but still the above error shows in console.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 7 of 9

Re: McAfee Agent upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6.2 Manually, raise events in ENS console

Jump to solution
8 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee Agent upgrade from 5.5 to 5.6.2 Manually, raise events in ENS console

Jump to solution

Hi @saurabh_tiwari,

Thank you for your post and glad to see you active here!

I would like to confirm that this event is not generated by Exploit Prevention but by Access Protection.

You can try disabling this Access Protection Rule "New Startup Program Creation" and the installation should not generate these events!

I sincerely hope this helps you in resolving the issue!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hello @AdithyanT 

Access Protection, Exploit Prevention is disabled by default on our installation setup of McAfee ENS 10.6

Regards,

Saurabh

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi @saurabh_tiwari 

This is a known issue and Engineering currently working on this. Please proceed to open a SR and ping the SR number in chat. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution
Hi @ptrakshar

Thanks, we will raise the SR for the same.
Also, is there any Reference number for this issue in McAfee ENS/Agent know issues?
Reference number would be really helpful.

Regards,
Saurabh
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

@saurabh_tiwari 

Already one article publish is on the way. I will update this thread once it is available. Please give me the SR number in chat once you have it.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution
Highlighted
Level 10
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution
You should be able to create an exception since this was allowed. If you add the exception it will stop reporting. Do not turn off the entire rule for the one block. I use to have this same issue because of how my reporting severities were configured.
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Hello @ZGreen 

Here the issue is bit different. @saurabh_tiwari  has Exploit prevention already disabled. So by default none of the rules should be triggered. However this specific rule is still getting trigger which is a problem and need fixing from product side. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community